LCMS-IT-TOF Mass Spectrometer
Unique System for Component Identification and Characterization Studies
- High-Speed and High-Accurate MSn Measurement
- High-Speed Ion Polarity Switching Mode
- Compressed Ion Introduction (CII™)
- Structural prediction of impurities in drugs using MSn data
- Intelligent Auto MSn Function
- Formula Predictor Software
- Ionization Options (APPI, APCI)
- Metabolite Structural Analysis Software MetID Solution
- Profiling Solution Metabolomics Software
- Reliable Protein Analysis
- Shimadzu's Metabolomics Solution
- Example of Metabolomic Analysis
The LCMS-IT-TOF is a new type of mass spectrometer that combines QIT (ion trap) and TOF (time-of-flight) technologies. When combining QIT and TOF, the greatest technological challenges were the efficient introduction of ions into the QIT and the simultaneous ejection of trapped ions to the TOF. Here, we introduce the newly developed technologies used to solve these problems.
The source design, desolvation capillary and reduced collision ion focusing Q-Array were adapted from Shimadzu's successful single-quad HPLC mass spectrometer. The Octapole Lens can introduce eluted ions from the LC to the ion trap by CII (Compressed Ion Injection) method efficiently. The ion trap QIT gives an efficient MSn capability with our new cleaning technology. In addition, BIE (Ballistic Ion Extraction) technology, provides high resolution / accuracy for all MS, MSn... modes. The temperature control of the flight tube gives a mass stability with stabilizing the length of the ion flight and ion acceleration voltage which affects the mass stability. Dual-Stage Reflectron gives a excellent resolution with optimizing energy absorption and time convergence.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.